Sunday, March 3, 2013

When Jon met Chris

Whenever Jon Stewart is on a network talking to someone, he is fun to watch and does a great job on taking jabs, especially with Bill O'Reilly. In this interview, Chris is trying to break Jon but in return, Jon fights back and does not back down. Though these two have different views, they come to respect one another in the end. Jon Stewart as he says, is comedian and when he does his thing on "The Daily Show", he is satirizing every news organization, especially Fox News. He makes fun of how other news stations frame their stories and he puts in his own commentary. He deconstructs the stories on the news and makes fun of the way they are told. Chris Wallace on the other hand, works for Fox and it's his job to report the news and have his voice in it as well. The news station, Fox, is infamously known for siding with the Conservatives. Jon tells Chris that Fox is basically a propaganda machine controlling people's minds while Chris makes fun of Comedy Central for the contents it shows. However, Jon keeps his cool and rolls along. Jon even told him how some people on the right don't like being told that they are angry and racist. I should say that even though I don't watch Fox News, I applaud Chris for not going out of control calling Jon names like "Pinhead".

Going off subject, after finishing the videos, I decided to watch Jesse Ventura when he is on Fox News. Watching him talk on other talk shows are funny because he says the same stuff over and over like "I was a Governor" or "America has lied to me" has me laughing all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment