Monday, April 15, 2013

Researching both on Google and the Library

Going into my project, I have both used internet and library resources in helping me with the research. On Google, I would type in "gangs in Chicago" and I get all sorts of results. One in particular caught my interest.
http://chicagogangs.org/index.php?pr=BURBS_SECTION

On this site, you would get all the gangs that are not only in Chicago but it's surrounding suburbs such as Arlington Heights and Downers Grove. To me, this is both useful information and scary because I heard a lot of gang activity but never experienced it. Another great artcile I found in ny research is about a school counselor who helps kids get out of the gang life.
http://www.suntimes.com/news/garcia/17382901-452/suburban-counselor-helps-kids-escape-gangs.html

Going into more research, I go to the libarary and use some of their sources. One interesting article I found is a history of gangs in Chicago going all the way back from the 1900's.
https://www.ncjrs.gov/App/Publications/abstract.aspx?ID=137842


In all of this, I will find great articles from all kinds of rsources such as magazines, newspapers, videos, etc. I look forward to go further in this and make a good paper as a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment